Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Baked chicken fingers
Another food i can gurantee 100% of time wont hurt me is...chicken nuggets!! this is a yummy recipe and is healthier baked then deep fried. My mom makes the best chicken tenders everrr!
# 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
# 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
# 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes (, or cheese crackers)
# 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
# 1 teaspoon garlic powder
# 1/2 teaspoon oregano
# 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
# 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. 2 In a medium glass or plastic bowl, combine chicken breast and buttermilk.
3. 3 Cover and put in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
4. 4 Combine corn flakes (or cheese crackers),italian seasoned breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper in large ziploc bag.
5. 5 After chicken is chilled, drain off liquid and add to ziploc bag, shaking to coat.
6. 6 Add olive oil to shallow baking pan.
7. 7 Place chicken in pan.
8. 8 Bake for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
9. 9 Serve with honey mustard dip or light ranch dressing.