Thursday, April 28, 2011
Cinco De Mayo menu!
Eating Mexican foods can be hard(Cheese,spicy,oil etc.) But with these recipes they are Easy to eat and make! Yumm!
# 2 jalapeno, minced (seeds removed if you choose,but also optional)
# 2 garlic clove, chopped
# 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
# 2 lemon, juice of
1. 1 Halve avocado and scoop pulp into medium bowl. Add minced jalapeños and finely chopped onions.
2. 2 Place chopped garlic clove on cutting surface and sprinkle with the sea salt (or other course salt). Using the side of a knife, mash the salt into the garlic until you have a paste.
3. 3 Add garlic paste & lemon juice to avocado mixture and mash together with a fork until desired consistency is reached making sure to distribute garlic throughout.
4. 4 Serve with tortilla chips! Store leftovers in tightly covered container in fridge - although best eaten right away.
* 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 2 medium peeled baking potatoes, quartered (about 1 1/4 pounds)
* 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) shredded queso fresco or Monterey Jack cheese(Optional or Vegan cheese)
* 2 tablespoons minced green onions
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3/4 cup diced tomato
* 1/2 cup julienne-cut red onion
* Place 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Cool. * Add cheese, green onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to potato mixture, stirring well. Divide potato mixture into 6 balls (about 1/2 cup per ball). Flatten balls into 1/2-inch-thick patties (about 3-inch diameter). Place on a baking sheet; cover and refrigerate 20 minutes or until firm.
* Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place potato-and-cheese patties in pan; cook 5 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Turn patties; cook 3 minutes. Top patties with tomato and red onion.