# 4 cups chicken broth, divided
# 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
# 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
# 1/4 teaspoon salt
# 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
# 4 eggs
# 1 egg yolk
1. 1 Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan.
2. 2 Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil.
3. 3 In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth.
4. 4 Set aside.
5. 5 In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork.
6. 6 Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture.
7. 7 Egg should cook immediately.
8. 8 Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.