Thursday, April 14, 2011
chicken with Lemon glaze
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to about 1/3-inch thickness)
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1 large egg (you may need two)
* 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
* 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
* 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 teaspoon salt (can use more to taste)
* 4 -5 thin lemon slices
* fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)
1. 1 In a small bowl or shallow dish whisk together mustard and eggs; set aside.
2. 2 Combine the dry bread crumbs with poultry seasoning, garlic powder and seasoning salt; spread on a piece of waxed paper.
3. 3 Dip the breasts firstly in egg/mustard mixture (shake off any excess egg) then coat well with the crumb mixture, pressing downs with hands to adhear the crumbs to the breast.
4. 4 Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
5. 5 Add in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink inside; remove and transfer to a plate to keep warm.
6. 6 For the glaze; in the same skillet add in the broth, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, if using capers add in now) bring to a boil scraping any brown bits from the pan.
7. 7 Add in lemon slices and parsley; mix to combine for about 1 minute.
8. 8 Spoon the glaze/sauce over chicken.
9. 9 Delicious!