Friday, April 15, 2011
cracker barrel copy cat~ Green Beans
I loveee Crakcer barerel,I've been to the one in Kingman,AZ i havn't had there green beans though.
# 1/4 lb sliced bacon
# 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, with liquid
# 1/4 yellow onion
# 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
# 1/2 teaspoon salt
# 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. 1 In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until lightly brown but not crisp.
2. 2 When bacon has browned, add green beans.
3. 3 Add salt, sugar and pepper and mix well.
4. 4 Place onion on top of green beans.
5. 5 Cover saucepan with a lid and bring to a light boil.
6. 6 Turn heat down to low and simmer beans for 45 minutes.